oi – Ankur Sharma
Dehradun, 16 May. Today is a very holy day according to Hinduism because today full moon of vaishakh month is, which Buddha Purnima is referred to as. It is believed that on this day Gautam Buddha, who is said to be an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, was born, today is another happy coincidence because today is Monday and because of this today Somvati Purnima And because of this, the importance of today’s day has increased a lot. Devotees are taking a dip in the Ganges since morning.
Buddha Purnima 2022: Today Buddha Purnima, know the auspicious time, its history and importance. oneindia hindi
Since morning there is an influx of devotees in Haridwar. People are taking holy bath in the Ganges river since morning. There is also a practice of doing charity and charity on the full moon day, by doing so a person gets happiness, peace and splendor. From today onwards, the month of Vaishakh comes to an end, so those who are not able to take bath in the holy rivers for this whole month, they take a bath in the Ganges on this day, by doing so a person attains virtue.
Special worship of Lord Vishnu and Maa Lakshmi
Those who are not able to take bath in the Ganges, they should bathe by pouring Ganges water in their homes today. After this, after wearing clean clothes, offer Arghya to the Sun God and pour sesame seeds in running water. Special worship of Lord Vishnu and Mother Lakshmi is done on this day. Since today is only Monday, so today worship of Bholenath should also be done and water should be offered to Shivling.
These are the teachings of Lord Buddha
- He who conquers himself is the greatest victor.
- One can conquer anger with love, sin by virtue, greed with charity and falsehood with truth.
- The fragrance of a flower never goes against the wind, but the fragrance of human virtue spreads everywhere.
- It is easy to conquer a thousand warriors, but the one who conquers himself is the true victor.
- Desire is the root of all sorrow.
- Hate is never less than hatred, it is only from love.
- The accumulation of sin is the root of suffering.
Uttarakhand: On the occasion of Buddha Purnima, devotees take a holy dip in the Ganges river in Haridwar. pic.twitter.com/Xl2q7F8H9r
— ANI_HindiNews (@AHindinews) May 16, 2022
Story first published: Monday, May 16, 2022, 8:38 [IST]