New Delhi, 27 May. Shani Dev’s birth anniversary is celebrated on the new moon day of Jyeshtha month. Bhavuka Amavasya and Vatsavitri Amavasya fasts are also observed on this day. Somvati Amavasya also has a special coincidence due to it being a Monday on 30th May 2022. Also, due to the presence of Sarvarthasiddhi Yoga on this whole day, this day has become special.
Those who are going through Shani’s Sadesati, Dhaiya, Mahadasha, Antardasha etc., on this day, worship Shani Dev, chant Shani Mantras, recite Home, Shani Stotra, Shani Kavach and donate things related to Shani. On the day of Shani Jayanti, Monday, Kritika Nakshatra, Sukriti Yoga, Nag Karan will remain. On this day both Sun and Moon will be in Taurus. Due to the combination of Sun, Moon and Mercury in Taurus, a special yoga is formed.
Useful things in Shani Puja
On the day of Shanashchar Jayanti, special worship of Shani Dev, who has the status of a judge and deity among the nine planets, is done. On this day, do Tailabhishek of Shani Dev in Shani temple. Offer black sesame, black urad, iron, black cloth and mustard or sesame oil to Shani Dev. Offer blue flowers and apply naivedya of sweets made from sesame. Chant Shani Stotra or Shani Shanti Mantras while sitting in the temple itself. On this day, beggars sitting outside Shani temple must be fed sweets made from urad like Imarti, urad laddus etc. With this, Shani Dev will be pleased and will give the desired boon.
What to do with half-and-half
- At this time Saturn’s transit is going on in Swarashi Kumbh. The last dhaiya of Sade Sati is going on on Capricorn, second on Aquarius and first dhaiya on Pisces. Apart from this, Laghukalani Dhaiya is running on Cancer and Scorpio zodiac signs. Therefore, the people of these five zodiac signs should make special efforts for the peace of Shani.
- On the day of Shani Jayanti, the people of Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces, Cancer and Scorpio should anoint Shani Dev with sesame oil or get it done by a pandit. After this, get the Havan done with Shani Shanti Mantras. Provide food to the poor, handicapped, orphans.
- While chanting Shani Mantra Om Shanishcharaya Namah, do 108 rounds of Peepal tree. Offer sweet milk to the Peepal tree and sit under it and recite Shani Stavraj.
- Reciting Hanuman Chalisa or Hanuman Bahu Ashtak on the day of Shani Amavasya gives relief from Shani’s pain.
- Light 27 flour lamps under the middle peepal tree from 10 to 12 o’clock on the night of Shani Jayanti. Do not add salt while kneading the dough for making lamp. Also add sesame oil and sesame seeds to the flour. Fill the lamp with sesame oil and light it.
- This time Somvati Amavasya is also there, so worshiping Lord Shiva will give freedom from sufferings.
- People with Kaal Sarp Dosh, Nag Dosh, Moon-Sun eclipse defect, Pitra Dosh should get Rudrabhishek done on this day.
- If Rahu-Ketu are painful in the birth chart, then get the snake free from a snake charmer in the forest.
What to do with other zodiac signs
Apart from the above five zodiac signs, the people of the remaining seven zodiac signs should also worship Shani Dev, do Abhishek for the fulfillment of their desired wishes. By chanting Shani mantras, provide food to the poor as much as possible, offer clothes.