New Delhi, 29 April. Vaishakh Krishna Chaturdashi is going to enter Aquarius on 29th April 2022 by changing Saturn zodiac. On the second day of this zodiac change of Saturn, on the new moon day on April 30, the sum of Shanishchari Amavasya is formed. Shanishchari Amavasya coming in the month of Vaishakh is especially beneficial and virtuous. On this day there will be Ashwini Nakshatra and Preeti Yoga. Due to being longer than the new moon day, the festival will also be there for the whole day.
On this day, bathing in holy rivers and doing charity is of great importance. Being Shanishchari Amavasya, the work done for the peace of Shani will be completely fruitful. People on whom Shani’s Sadesati and Laghukalani Dhaiyya are going on or in whose horoscope Shani is sitting in inauspicious results, they should especially do Shani Shanti deeds on this day.
What to do for Shani’s peace
- On the day of Shanishchari Amavasya, tie black urad, black sesame, iron in a black cloth and offer it with oil to Shani Dev. Sit in Shani temple and recite Shani Chalisa, Shani Stotra, Shani Stavraj.
- For the peace of Shani, chant 21 rounds of Om Shanishcharaya Mantra with Rudraksh or Black Hakik garland. This will get rid of Shani’s pain.
- Offer food to beggars, lepers, handicapped and visually impaired people on the day of Shanishchari Amavasya. Offer clothes, donate umbrella and shoes and slippers.
- Feeding black gram soaked in water to a black horse on this day provides relief from Shani’s pain.
- Disasters are ended by worshiping Hanumanji and reciting Hanuman Bahuashtak on the day of Shanishchari Amavasya.
- Offer water and sweet milk to a Peepal tree before 12 noon on the day of Shanishchari Amavasya. In the evening, put five lamps under the Peepal tree.
- On this day, feeding Ghee Chupdi Roti to a black dog brings peace to Saturn along with Rahu-Ketu.
Story first published: Friday, April 29, 2022, 7:00 [IST]